News and Announcements
*WE ARE OPENING UP OUR FALL PRACTICE TO NEW AND RETURNING PLAYERS. PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE MESSAGE….IMPORTANT INFORMATION. LIMITED SLOTS!!! *COVID PRACTICE Phase 1, only allows 18 players in the pool at one time. We would like to allow everyone a chance to practice, so we are going to break practice up into two 50 MINUTE sessions. Sign ups will be done through a sign up genius (see link). There will be a 7:10 – 8:00 pm block and an 8:10 – 9:00 pm block. Coach will assign you a block and we will notify you 24 hours before practice of your assigned block. If 18 or fewer players sign up, we allow all players the full 7:10 – 9:00 pm practice time.
LINK FOR PRACTICE SIGN UPhttps://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0549ADA92CA31-norcross1
If you must cancel, please do so 24 hours prior to practice so wait-listed players can practice.We have successfully completed two weeks of practice with returning Blue Devil Players and are excited to welcome new players to our team.
If you paid for Spring 2020, West Gwinnett has agreed to provide a prorated credit for the period of time the pool was shut down (if you have not already requested a refund). Below is the per practice cost. You will be billed at the end of the session for the entire amount or credit will be deducted from your refunded balance.COST PER SESSION
Full Session: 1:50 min it would be a $6.25 daily price
Half Session: 50 minute classes $3.17 daily price (this is only used when we have more then 18 and split the groups up)
REFUNDS/CREDIT FROM SPRING
Spring Half Session Participants Attended 2/9 practices – will be credited $44.50
Spring Full Session Participants Attended 4/18 practices – Will be credited $88.25
(left over or unused crediting can be converted to a refund check upon individual requests/confirmation of payer name and address to WGAC)
RETURNING PLAYERS (FALL ’19 & SPRING ’20): To register for Fall 2020 Water Polo Practice, you must have (all forms attached):
1) Active AWP membership (https://americanwaterpolo.org/ )
2) Signed Norcross Water Polo Waiver
3) Signed American Water Polo Waiver.,
4) Signed WGAC Concussion Waiver
NORCROSS & AWP returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and WGAC waiver turned in at first practice attended.
NEW PLAYERS: All of the above, PLUS.
5) New Player Fall Registration Form which includes a Club Registration fee of $20. Club registration fee can be paid via check to “Blue Devil Water Polo” 4211 River Bottom Dr, Peachtree Corners, GA 30092 or venmo @norcrosswaterpolo-treasurer
6) MEDICAL Release Form
The GHSWPA has officially decided to move the fall season to spring. The plan will be to start building the schedule of games in January and the season will kick off in the beginning of February.
To help us plan for the above changes, please take a moment to fill out the survey below. This will help guide us as we put plans in place for both the fall and the spring season. Thank you everyone for your patience as we work through these changes. As we have more information, we will continue to keep you updated.
The Norcross Water Polo Board and Coaches
We are excited to announce, the Norcross Water Polo Club will host a summer session. It will not be our traditional water polo practices, since as of right now West Gwinnett Aquatic center is closed to group activities. Our plan is to start out with dryland practices on Monday and Wednesday evenings for the first two weeks. Our hope is to have access to the WGAC center pool by mid-June. However, we have been given no guarantees to their opening date yet. Please read the details below regarding dates, times, location:
- June 1st – July 15th, 2020 (no practice July 1st and July 6th )
- Monday & Wednesday evenings 7:15 pm – 8:15 pm (times may change based on pool availability) West Gwinnett Aquatic Center Parking Lot/Fields
- We will adhere by CDC and American Water Polo social distancing guidelines (see attached AWP Guidelines).
- No new players will be allowed to attend these sessions. This is for returning players only (Fall 2019 & Spring 2020).
- Athletes must come to practice wearing running shoes and comfortable clothes, bring a full water bottle, and a towel. Athletes must also bring their own ball to dryland (any ball of similar size like basketball, soccer ball, or volleyball would work). We will have limited balls that can be “borrowed” for practices, these balls must be kept with the athlete at all times and brought home with them until told otherwise.
- We have decided to treat each session as a drop in. With a rate of $8 per session. We will track player attendance each session and send an email at the end with amount due.
- You have two options for your Spring Dues paid to West Gwinnett Aquatic Center. 1. Roll them over to fall. 2. Call West Gwinnett directly and request a refund.
- We will rollover all membership fees paid to Norcross Water Polo directly to the fall season.
Thank you again for all your support and patience during this time.